Monday, April 19, 2010

Second OB Appointment

At my second doctor's appointment last week, I was sixteen weeks pregnant. Dr. Mooney-Smith said my measurements are right on track this time! We also heard to the baby's heartbeat again. Dr. Mooney-Smith listened for several seconds and said, "I'm thinking blue!" This time, the heart rate was 152 and very strong.

I was also instructed to consume lots of peanut butter and cheese to gain weight. She was not thrilled that I lost an additional three pounds since my last appointment. Thankfully, my appetite is slowly increasing and the nausea has almost totally subsided. Now it is time to eat! We had a very brief appointment, because Dr. Mooney-Smith had to run over to the hospital to deliver a baby:)

Our next appointment, on May 4th, is to find out the sex of the baby! I am counting the days (15), hours (379), minutes (22,740), and possibly even the seconds (1,364,400) to see the baby and find out what we are having!!!! At the appointment, they will make a DVD and print out pictures for us! I don't know how excited Derek is for me to start buying things for the baby (just kidding)...but I am VERY excited!

The pregnancy is starting to feel less surreal (especially as my belly grows), but I really think seeing the increase in the baby's size and finding out the gender will help make it set in. I am very anxious to hear that the baby looks healthy. I know that is something you just can't worry about, but it is so difficult not to wonder and hope is not true.

P.S. The hormones have definitely made their debut in the last several weeks! From tears to laughter, Derek and I are experiencing it all! He has been wonderful dealing with me and my crazy moods:)

The next update will be on May 4th...as soon as I get someplace with access to the internet! Get excited!!!!

Hugs and Kisses <3

No comments:

Post a Comment