Whew! Sorry for the long delay...my pregnancy brain is is full motion now! I forgot my password to log on, which they emailed to my google email account. Normally, that would solve the problem, but I also forgot the password to my email!!! So, long story short, I resolved the password issue and am FINALLY updating :)
Let's see...last Thursday I went in for an OB appointment with Dr. Mooney-Smith. After an hour and a half wait in the waiting room/exam room, she returned from delivering a baby and was able to see us! She said that everything is looking great. The baby's heart beat is strong, my blood pressure is good, I have gained the appropriate amount of weight thus far, etc. However, my measurements are a bit large. I was exactly 24 weeks at the time of the appointment, and I am measuring 27 1/2 weeks! Either our little man is going to be a large baby, or is planning on making his grand appearance earlier than expected! Dr. Mooney-Smith told us not to worry too much about the large measurements, unless my next appointment reveals large measurments as well!
My next appointment is July 9, during which I will have the honor of taking part in the much anticipated glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. As long as that comes back normal, I will be seeing the doctor every two weeks for one month and then every week until the arrival of our baby boy!
I can not believe how quickly the first six months have gone by! Derek and I are getting the nursery ready a little bit at a time. So far, we have the crib and dresser assembled and the room painted! He has done a wonderful job painting and putting furniture together, and is looking forward to doing more...even if he tells you a different story :)
My family from Texas and Iowa will be in town this weekend and are hosting my first baby shower! I am really excited to see all of our family and friends. I will post pictures from the big event next week! Kim (Derek's mom) is hosting a shower for me later this summer for our Richmond family and friends :)
Baby, Mommy and Daddy are all doing well! I will try to update more often now that I can log in successfully! Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment