I am 34 weeks today!!! I have a doctor's appointment next Wednesday, and then I begin my weekly appointments until the baby is born! It is strange how time seems to be flying by so quickly...yet also feels like it is dragging on at the same time.
We have decided on a name for our little boy at last! Jace Daniel made the final cut. I hung the letters up in his room last week..so it is official!
Speaking of his room, I believe we are all set for his arrival. Everything has been washed, folded, hung up and straightened. The last couple of things we need to do are to have our car seats installed/checked in the next couple of weeks, pack a bag for the hospital and stock up on groceries! I am so thankful we have been doing bits and pieces all along so we are not stressed for these last several weeks. Being prepared early is definitely the way to go!
Last Saturday, Derek and I attended our first labor and delivery class. It was a lengthy one...six hours long....but well worth it! We learned lots of good information, practiced various techniques/positions for labor and even watched a couple of eye-opening videos! So eye-opening in fact, that one dad passed out in the back of the classroom! He was alright, thank goodness, except for maybe a bruised ego! This Saturday we are attending a shorter three hour class that will cover post-pardum, newborn care and breast-feeding. Hopefully no one will faint this weekend!
From the looks of my belly, Jace is growing big and strong! My appointments have been going well, and other than some swelling and discomfort, I am doing great! I hope that all of you are staying cool this summer and love you all! XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment