Monday, September 13, 2010

False Alarm

Whew!!! It has been a busy and slightly crazy weekend! Let's start with Thursday.....

I had a doctor appointment Thursday morning with Dr. Mooney-Smith. She said Jace had dropped low into my pelvis, I was 80% effaced and dilated to a one. She also told Derek and I that she believed he would be coming sooner rather than later...like maybe even within the next couple of days to weeks. This was very good news as the anticipation for Jace's arrival has been building quite rapidly over the past few days!

Friday was also an exciting day...I met mom and dad for lunch at noon and began having contractions. They lasted for close to a minute each and were about 15-20 minutes apart. They lasted consistently until about 10:30pm, and then mysteriously stopped! Derek and I were a little bummed, but did enjoy a good night's rest.

Saturday morning, Courtney and Lauren from Big Picture Photography came over to take our maternity pictures! We had a beautiful morning for some great outdoor shots and are quite pleased with their work! You can check out some of the teaser pictures on their website www.bigpicturephoto.blogspot.com. We are really excited to see the rest of the pictures and get some printed to put in Jace's room!

We traveled to Richmond on Sunday to celebrate Kim's birthday and see some of the Starcher folks at Betty and Cecil's family reunion! My contractions made their grand entrance yet again around two o'clock. They were about twenty minutes apart again until four o'clock. Then they began coming quicker until they were right at five minutes apart. This lasted for nearly two hours and we decided it was time to call the hospital. I spoke with the charge nurse on the labor and delivery floor who suggested that I come in to be checked. Luckily, Derek and I had our bags in the car already, so we headed to the hospital.

Upon arrival, they hooked me up to some monitors and watched them for an hour. I was still having regular contractions, but they were just not strong enough to make any progress. After the hour, I had not dilated anymore so they gave me some meds to help me relax for a good night's sleep and sent me on my way.

Today, I have continued to have some sporadic contractions, but still none that are strong enough to progress my labor. The waiting game continues! I will keep you all updated with any new developments. Cross your fingers Jace doesn't decide to come while Derek is the only pharmacist at work :)

Love to you all XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment