Tuesday, April 26, 2011

6 Month Check-Up

I can hardly believe that Jace is 6 months old! We went to a new pediatrician for his well-baby appointment.  Dr. Moylan is actually in the same group that we were going to in Lee's Summit, but he works out of the main office on the plaza. Jace is now seeing the same doctor that I saw as a child...and I love him! He is very knowledgeable and really listens to my questions and concerns.

Dr. Moylan was very pleased with Jace's growth and development. His latest measurements are:
  • 16 lbs 4 oz
  • 26 1/4 inches long
  • 16.6 inches head circumference

Although we were given the okay to start solid food at 4 months, and Jace is very hungry, he has not been the least bit interested. Dr. Moylan reassured me that he will eventually eat solid food....but it will obviously be when he decides he is ready to stop being so stubborn. We are still trying some sort of vegetable or fruit puree everyday in hopes he will begin to get the hang of it.
Jace is now...

  • Teething! He is working on two bottom teeth, and I think I see one top tooth working its way down. Jace drools a gallon a day it seems like and chews on anything he can get to his mouth, but fingers/toes are his favorite.
  • Sitting up on his own! Although he occasionally falls over when reaching too far, he is doing a great job.
  • Talking, A LOT! He babbles all day long in between some screeches and grunts.
  • Giggling, smiling and being a silly boy in general.
  • Busy, busy boy! He is really checking out the world around him at all waking hours. He likes to switch toys, scenery, etc. very often.
  • Sleeping really well through the night. He usually wakes up around 4 am to eat, but then returns to sleep until 7 or so.
  • Finally taking naps during the day. We worked really hard on establishing a nap routine for him. We take a morning and afternoon nap every day. They vary in length, but are absolutely necessary for him...and me :)
Mommy did my hair for the very first time...can you see the spikes?


I thought that if I fell asleep in my highchair, they might stop trying to make me eat vegetables.


Look at me sitting up like a big boy. I am so proud of myself!


This carpet sure is interesting....


My teeth were hurting me, so I took some Tylenol and a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment